PSCHS General Club Rules
1. Ice skating can be dangerous. Ice surfaces are slippery and hard, and injury can occur for a variety of reasons. Therefore, skaters must exercise care at all times, skate within their limits and stay in control of their skating activity. Our coaching staff is available to provide instruction, per the fee schedule, if requested
2. Members of the Philadelphia Skating Club and Humane Society agree to assume the risk of injury that may be associated with figure skating and to release and hold harmless the Philadelphia Skating Club and Humane Society, its officers, governors and employees from any and all losses which they, their family and guests may incur as a result of participating in the Club’s programs and activities.
3. No skates may be worn upstairs. Use of the upper Club lounge is limited to Seniors and for specific planned activities for Juniors.
4. All those who eat in or use the downstairs lounge are responsible for cleaning up all debris and returning tableware to the counter so that the next people who use the area may have clean tables and surroundings.
5. Smoking is not permitted in the building by township ordinance.
6. Pets must be kept out of the rink at all times.
7. The list ofPSC&HS membership should be deemed confidential and the property of the club only to be released upon written request to current officers of the Club and chairperson of the Membership Committee.
8. No equipment in the Music Room may be used except by permission of the Music Committee Chair.
9. The Junior Club Committee supervises the Junior Club sessions; these are described in the Handbook and are posted on the Club bulletin board.
10. On Wednesday the evening program dance is open to Juniors who have passed all the Bronze dances.
11. On Saturdays the afternoon program dance is open to Juniors who have passed all the Pre-Bronze dances.
12. Once-a-month dance, figures, moves in the field, and free style tests take priority over the ice schedule, except the Family Sessions on Saturday and Sundays (when possible).
VIOLATION OF THESE RULES, ABUSE OF EQUIPMENT, OR DISRUPTIVE CONDUCT WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF SKATING PRIVILEGES FOR THE SKATER’S NEXT SCHEDULED DAY OF SKATING. IF VIOLATION OF THESE RULES CONTINUES, SKATER WILL LOSE SKATING PRIVILEGES THROUGHOUT THE SKATING SEASON.
1. Members are asked to consider the skating skills of those invited as guests to a particular session. Some sessions, used by advanced skaters, are hazardous to the inexperienced.
2. Guests of members will be admitted upon registration in the guest book, and the payment may be made at the office or billed to the club member. (The guest fee is $16.00 per person; $30.00 per family during Family Sessions-immediate family members only)
3. Guests are never allowed during the early evening Senior-Junior “High Sessions” or in the early morning Senior-Junior sessions during the week before a competition, unless permission is received from the Ice Committee Chair.
4. Guests must be accompanied by their Club member host.
5. No person may come as a guest to more than four sessions during the Winter season.