In keeping with healthy lifestyles and supporting enhanced form on the ice The Philadelphia Skating Club and Humane Society offers Off-Ice Training classes to members and their guests during the club season. These programs are optimized specifically for figure skaters but are excellent for all.
Tentative Off-Ice Classes
|Wednesday||12:00pm - 1:00pm||The Integrated Skater||Ariel Weiss
|Thursday||12:00pm - 1:00pm||Rhythmic Conditioning||Donya Pletcher
|Friday||12:30pm-1:30pm||Lengthen/Strengthen & Movement||Carmen Stockdale-Greger
Guests are welcome to join our members and participate in our Off-Ice Classes for a walk-on fee.
|Tuesday||4:15pm - 5:15pm||Ballet||Erin Kuwabara
|Friday||5:20pm - 6:20pm||Ballet ||Erin Kuwabara
During our Summer Program we also incorporate Ballet Classes.
PSCHS is fortunate to have qualified off-ice trainers available for class instruction as well as private sessions.
PSCHS Off-Ice Staff:
|Carmen Stockdale-Greger||Daniel Auguste||Donya Pletcher||Ariel Weiss||Erin Kuwabara
|Picture coming soon !||
|• Yoga||• Conditioning||• Creative Movement|
• Lyrical Dance
|• The Integrated Skater||• Ballet
|Bio coming soon !||• Certified through NESTA and AAAI|
• Passionate about guiding people as they strive to be healthy and fit
• Former semi-pro soccer player
• Focused on helping athletes compete at their best
• Owner of Elite Fitness & Athletics Inc.
|• Ballet Instructor at University of Delaware|
• Applies ballet, modern and jazz techniques.
• Focus on development of core strength, posture, flexibility, balance/ counter-balance and coordination
• Director at On-The-Move! Dance
|• Master of Arts in Movement and Dance from Wesleyan University|
• Over 40 years of movement and dance training
• Experience as a modern dancer and choreographer
• Trained in Modern and Ballet techniques, improvisation, Barteneiff Fundamentals, Ideokinesis, T’ai Chi and Pilates
• Owner of Alexander Technique Philadelphia
|• Erin is a professional ballet dancer with First State Ballet Theatre.
• She had previously danced with Alabama Ballet, and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre.
• Erin’s goal is to help skaters understand the importance in using their core to initiate movement, gain stability and balance, while improving their lines, softening the arms, and proper placement of the head.