Off Ice Conditioning
In keeping with healthy lifestyles, during the Club Season, The Philadelphia Skating Club and Humane Society offers Club Members Off-Ice Training opportunities.
The programs which are offered by the Club are exclusively designed for the FIGURE skater. At the present we offer Pilates and Exercise Training Classes.
Non- Members can participate in our Fall and Spring Session Off-Ice Classes for a walk-on fee.
During our Summer Program we also incorporate Ballet Classes.
While off-ice training isn’t necessary for recreational skating, it will help you to progress more quickly and besides, it’s good for you!
We are very fortunate to have on staff at PSCHS qualified instructors who work with Club members both in classes and individually.
PSCHS is fortunate to have two very qualified off-ice trainers available for class instruction as well as private sessions.
PSCHS Current Staff:
ELGA LYLE – PILATES
- Certified Pilates and Kickboxing group fitness leader and
- Radio fitness co-host with Vince Faust (Tribune paper/WDAS Radio).
- Elga teaches at various studios in the tri-state area
- Owner of METAMORPHOSIS STUDIO
- Featured in Fitness magazine and CBS channel 3 news.
MARCELLA MATTEO – EXERCISE TRAINING
Certified AFAA Group Exercise Instructor
- University of Delaware degree in Kinesiology
- Former member of the University of Delaware Synchro Team
- Combine Assesor of the USFSA S.T.A.R.S program
- Available for private instruction at email@example.com