What is a test session?
Test Sessions held at PSCHS are usually held monthly on Sundays. Children, teens and adults may test their level of competence in freestyle, moves in the field, and ice dancing.
Testers are judged by USFSA judges, according to standards established by the association.
Three levels of tests exist:
Standard Tests: judged according to a standard scale without regard for age.
Adult Tests: judged at a slightly lower level than the standard scale. In some cases an element—such as solo performance—is eliminated.
Master Tests: judged at a slightly lower level than the adult scale. Masters tests are adults who are over 50 years of age and choose to take this level.
Who are the Judges?
The Club offers the opportunity for members to become certified by the USFSA as judges. Judging requires extensive study and attendance at one of several judges school programs offered throughout the year. It also requires an extensive amount of trial judging until your results generally, and consistently match the results of other more seasoned judges. If you become really good you may be able to join those members who are ranked to judge both national and international competitions. The travel perks are good and the chance to see top-level competitors skate for you as a judge is an unforgettable experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINES 2018-2019 TEST DATES
5 PM MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2018 SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2018 (Daylight Savings Time Ends)
5 PM MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2018 SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2018 (Hanukkah begins)
5 PM TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2019
(MLK Monday Holiday)
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2019 (Super Bowl)
5 PM TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2019
(Monday, President's Day)
SUNDAY, MARCH 3, 2019
5 PM MONDAY, MARCH 25, 2019 SUNDAY, APRIL 7, 2019
5 PM MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019 SUNDAY,MAY 5, 2019
5 PM TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019
Memorial Day Weekend
SUNDAY, JUNE 9, 2019
5 PM MONDAY, JULY 1, 2019 SATURDAY, JULY 13, 2019
5 PM MONDAY, JULY 22, 2019 SATURDAY, AUGUST 3,2019
- Judges for all levels or disciplines may not be available for specific test sessions.
- Rule TR 2.03 requires that “all tests, when marked “retry,” shall not be taken prior to the 27th day following the date of the original test.
- Test Application must be signed by your coach and accompanied by the required test fees.
- Test dates & schedules are subject to change.
- An applicant not registered with US Figure Skating through PSCHS must submit a permission-to-test letter from his/her Home Club.
- Test schedules are generally compiled 1 week in advance of the test date.
Contact our Club Office for more detailed information:
- Telephone: 610-642-8700
- Fax: 610-645-9635
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other skating club websites that offer test sessions: